An advisory panel was formed from the outset of the project to advise on its direction, review activity and inform next steps. It also brings access to practitioner networks and helps enable dissemination of the outputs.
The panel met for the first time in June 2012 and includes working professionals and representatives from the British Veterinary Association, the Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management, the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors and the Agricultural Industries Confederation. The members of the panel are:
- Peter Jones, President, British Veterinary Association
- John Macfarlane, Vet, Alnorthumbria Veterinary Group (also representing BVA council, North of England Veterinary Association council, Society of Practising Veterinary Surgeons council and XL Vets founder director)
- Chloe Palmer, Farm advisor, Farm & Environment Consultancy
- Steve Pullan, Lead Advisor, Natural England (also representing Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management)
- Sue Steer, Land Agent, Steer Ethelson Rural Ltd (also RICS Policy Panel Member)
- James Wallace, Director of Dalton Seeds and Board Member of Agricultural Industries Confederation (AIC)